Text Banking & Alerts
What is Text Banking?
Guardian Bank Text Banking is a free service service that allows you to receive alerts or quickly request account information via text message*. You can be notified each time your debit card is used, when your balance drops below a certain point, or when an automatic credit is sent to your account. Text Banking helps you stay aware of potential fraudulent transactions occurring on your bank account.
How do I sign up?
- If you haven't already, enroll in Online Banking.
- Download the Guardian Bank Mobile Banking App to your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in to the app with your Online Banking ID and password.
- Open the left navigation menu.
- Tap "Text Banking" under the "Messaging" menu.
- Enter your personal information to enroll.
- Shortly after, you will receive a text message from short code 39257 saying that you have been enrolled.
What kind of alerts are available?
You are able to set up two kinds of alerts - push alerts and request alerts. Both alerts are set up within the mobile app.
These types of notifications are based on the criteria you provide within the mobile app. Some examples of how this could be used are below:
- Daily Balance Alerts - "I'd like to receive my available balance every Tuesday and Thursday at 4 p.m."
- Monthly Balance Alerts - "I'd like to know my available balance at 11 a.m. on the 1st and 15th of every month."
- Balance Threshold Alerts - "I'd like to know when my available balance is below $100" or "I'd like to know when my available balance is above $500."
- Transaction Alerts - Know when your debit card is being used, when an ACH occurs, or when a wire is transmitted, and set a balance threshold on any of those transaction types.
By activating Request Text Alerts from the mobile app, you can send certain requests to short code 39257 to receive your account information while you're on the go. Use the below commands to receive on-demand access to your accounts.
What you Receive
|BAL||Your available balance.||Text BAL and the four digit account nickname or the last four digits of the account number (BAL XXXX). If no four digit number accompanies BAL, information on all accounts enrolled will be sent.|
|HIST||Last five transactions within the 90 days.||Text HIST and the four digit account nickname or the last four digits of the account number (HIST XXXX). If no four digit number accompanies HIST, information on all accounts enrolled will be sent.|
|XFER||Transfer money between your accounts.||To transfer, send XFER with the from account four digit nickname/number, to account four digit nickname/number, and the amount (no dollar sign!). An example of transferring $100 from checking to savings would be: "XFER chkg svgs 100."|
|STOP||Deactivates text banking services.||Once you have un-enrolled from Text Banking, please contact the bank in order to re-enroll.|
|HELP||Sends a list of available commands.|
Please note: balance inquiries may be unavailable from 5:15 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. due to processing.
How do I stop Text Banking?
To un-enroll or suspend your accounts on Text Banking, send STOP to 39257. Once you have un-enrolled, please contact the bank should you want to re-enroll.
*Web access is needed to use the mobile banking app. Please check with your wireless carrier for data fees that may apply. Mobile banking is available to online banking users only. All terms applicable to online banking apply to mobile banking.